Just want to say that having small group at our place worked out! Mom sent me this recipe and it was easy and foolproof. So I’m going to share here. Great for large groups of people and when you’re short on time. This recipe is basically three parts, the stir-frying of the veggies, the adding of the sauce, and then the adding of the meatballs.
Serves: For around 15 people– Make a pot of rice on the side too.
- 2 Onions
- 3 Bell peppers (I used red and green ones)
- 45 Costco frozen meatballs
- 1 medium-sized Can of Pineapples with Juice
- Corn starch (Or some other thickening agent, I used flour)
- Chicken powder (I used chicken broth)
- Soy sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs Vinegar
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 2 tbs sugar
As you can see, not all the ingredients have measurements next to it. Just taste when you get to the sauce part to see how you like it. My husband likes this dish more sour (so he adds more vinegar), but I like it more sweet. Also depending on how liquidy you want this to be would determine the liquids and the corn starch ratio. It’s going to be poured over rice later, but it’s not soup!
- Stir-fry onion and bell pepper together, season with salt.
- Add sauce: pineapple juice and pineapples, water, corn starch, chicken powder, soy sauce, salt, vinegar, ketchup, and sugar. Bring this to a boil and taste it.
- Then add your frozen meatballs. Bring it to another boil. You should have enough liquid to cover the meatballs enough that they get warmed through. The Costco meatballs are already cooked so don’t worry too much 🙂 Then you’re done!
Serve over rice.